Friday 23 October 2009

And so it begins...

What a day! Perfect weather. Let's hope it holds out. Just popped in to the office to fire off a few emails before heading off to get the van, shove our kit in the back and leave at midday. We have a video camera with us so we'll hopefully get some pretty awesome footage. I can feel the weight egging to fall off me over the next six days.

The team is as follows: Selwyn 'Fideo' Figueras, Kieron 'Grinder' Becerra, Christian 'Swerver' Rocca, Andrew Chipolina, Joey Garcia & Evgeny Cherepakov.

First thing to get out of the way is to thank our good friend Shaun Zammitt who has been kind enough to agree to drive the van as a recovery car (I hope no one needs it) all the way back.

I'll be blogging, as I hope my co-riders will, throughout the ride from my mobile. Please feel free to leave any comments and, if you're feeling generous, please donate some of your hard-earned cash to the cause. Three local organisations will benefit from your contributions, Breast Cancer Support, Happy Faces and St Martin's School. If you'd like to donate, please make cheque payable to The PJ Isola Foundation and drop it off at ISOLAS reception.

Now, about this monster ride...

Selwyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let us know what you think